Friday, May 9, 2008

Thursday's Checkup

I went into my doctor's appointment Thursday. She said I had only dilated another 1/2 cm, but I had thinned out a lot so that's good. I hadn't felt the baby move that day, and it was past what's normally his most active part of the day, so they were a little concerned about that. They decided to put me on the fetal monitor to trace his heart beats and any contractions. I was on that for about 45 minutes and they still weren't getting much activity from him so they decided to give me an ultrasound. Everything looked good on the ultrasound, though he still wasn't moving around very much, even after I had some sugary drink and about 10 tick tacks (that's all the nurse had to eat). They said it was probably because he's running out of room now that he's dropped further into my pelvis along with the increase in contractions, so they didn't seem too worried, but I do have to go back Monday to be put on the monitor again. I'm feeling him a little better today though so I'm not concerned. It was pretty neat to get to see him again on the ultrasound, though I didn't get to see his face because he's dropped so she wasn't able to get a profile. The only pictures she was able to get for me was one of a foot and one of his boy stuff:) Can't wait to meet the little guy soon. I wonder who he's going to look like.

3 comments:

Melissa E. said...

Good to know he's still a boy...

Hope all is well. Won't it be great to hold him?!!

Lynn Falk said...

Happy Mother's Day, Beth. I guess little Jude decided not to come on Mother's Day. Hope you had a great day.

Melissa E. said...

What a little tiny guy he is!!! I can't wait to hold him!

I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of him when he isn't quite so ticked off and scrunchy. I am wondering who he looks like?!!

Can you believe you're parents?! How exciting and amazing!

Congratulations!