Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Jude 2 Weeks Old


Jude turned 2 weeks old on Memorial Day. I still can't believe he's two weeks old already. People weren't kidding when they said time flies. He's changing a lot and gaining some weight. He's able to fit into his newborn clothes a little better now. I've been rotating among 5 onesies that were the only ones I had that would fit him. For some reason Gerber newborn onesies are much smaller than other brands of newbown onesies. I had to buy him a pair of preemie pants and a preemie hoodie so that he would have something to wear on the cooler days because he was swimming in everything else. I also had to buy him a package of preemie diapers, but he has filled out enough now to wear his newborn ones. He gets weighed again Wednesday so I'm eager to see how much he's gained. He's still having some trouble nursing, but he is improving. I've been going to a lactation consultant once a week that our hospital offers for free and that's been some help. They were able to identify the problem. Apparently, my milk comes too much too fast for his little mouth to handle and so he pulls off. The consultant said that as time goes by, my milk should adjust to him more and he will get bigger and more coordinated so he'll be able to handle it better. I can't wait til that day comes. Aside from my nursing woes, I love being a mother. We love this little guy so much.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, he really looks content! He is obviously oblivious to any nursing problem. What a cutie!

Grandma Falk

Melissa E. said...

Awww...I am sure he'll turn into a real breast-man before long...they always do.
(I hope mom doesn't notice this comment! Shhhh)

Lynn Falk said...

He looks a lot like his daddy!

Anonymous said...

John - Jude has more hair than you do! Remember your baby pics where you looked bald til you were what, 5?! The hair must come from Beth's side of the family!

Anonymous said...

You can tell I don't spend much time on the computer! This is the first I've been on in a week...during planting season I hardly have a free moment!

Actually, John did have hair, quite a bit like Jude has. It was very fine and blonde. (You just don't remember, Tara!) It is true that he looked bald until perhaps age 4!

He is too adorable, John and Beth! I just can't tell quite who he resembles. The bottom one of these two "2 wk. old" pics looks the most like John's younger baby pics!

By the way, hello Kathy and Melissa! I hope all is well with you and all of your families.

Love and Prayers,
Mom Laurie (Shelly)