Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Birth

At 12:00a.m. on Monday the 12, I was lying in bed almost asleep when I had an intense contraction. I got up and my water broke. I instantly had intense contractions that were 2 minutes apart. I woke John up and told him that it was time, so we got some last minute things together and headed to the hospital. By the time I got to the hospital I was already 4 cm dilated and almost completely effaced.

My friend Becca Willis came and sat with me all night.


6 1/2 hours after my water broke, Jude Thomas was born.

6lb 13oz and 19.5 inches long




Daddy holding Jude for the first time.


The Laurie Family

6 comments:

Lynn Falk said...

I nice quick delivery! We are so happy everything went so smoothly for you and that Jude is healthy and adorable! Cherish this time with your newborn. We can't wait to see him!

Anonymous said...

Well, I can tell you from seeing little Jude Thomas in person that he is adorable. So little and so sweet. Dad and I are loving to hold him and tell him how cute he is.

It's amazing to me that my baby girl is now a mother! I can hardly believe it.

Grandma Falk

Melissa E. said...

Soak him up; spend plenty of time memorizing everything!

Things like: how he fits in your arms, how he looks when he cries, the hair on his back, and the little swirl in his hair at the back of his head. And don't forget to smell his breath and hold him naked fairly often!

So precious is a newborn and so quickly changing. Now is when you really start to understand the saying, "Time flies..."

Vitali didn't want to take a nap today. "Ya baby hochoo!" he protested. ("I want to go see the baby!")

Me too.

Anonymous said...

Did you get to stay in the same room for everything or did you have to go to a delivery room? Everyone is healthy and doing fine now? I heard somewhere along the way that Beth was bleeding more than the doctor liked - you're ok now? Everyone is settling in at home and loving the new life? CONGRATULATIONS!

The Willis Family said...

Hey who was your photographer? Awesome pictures!! ;o)

Beth Laurie said...

I labored and delivered in the same room, but then was moved to a different room for recovery. I'm doing fine, a little sore, but then that's to be expected. They did have trouble getting me to stop bleeding at first, but they gave me a shot of something and that seemed to do the trick.