Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sitting Up!

I took Claire to the chiropractor yesterday because my sister Melissa told me that a doctor told her that when a baby has bad in-toeing like Claire does, it can also mean that their hips are misaligned and it's a good idea to take them to a chiropractor. So she went yesterday and the doctor said she was out of place in several spots including hips and lumbar. He said that it was probably why she doesn't seem to like to sit up. I showed him how when I try to put her in the sitting position she immediately stiffens up. Well, today I put her in the sitting position and she stayed like that. She has NEVER done that. I have to force her to be in that position and as soon as I take my hands off of her she stiffens up and falls. We go back tomorrow for a follow-up visit. He seems to think it might help the in-toeing a bit as well, since it's not just her feet that turn in, but her legs as well.

1 comment:

Melissa E. said...

Amazing that it helped so fast! I wonder if it will make her more content to be on the floor to play now that she can sit on her own.