Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Backsplash

Here was my solution to the problem of my stand mixer not matching. I put up a backsplash so the greens aren't right next to each other. Now the difference in color is not very noticeable. The best part of it is that it only took me a few hours to put up and only cost me $17. I used peel and stick floor tiles. It's been something I've been thinking about doing anyway so the mixer was a good excuse to finally get it done. I think it turned out really well and I love the way it makes my kitchen look.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

It does look great! I wish Jason would let me do a back splash but I definitely don't think he would let me do the peel and stick ones. But, I love it! Maybe I could talk him into it.

melissa e. said...

Turned out well! I like it. That mixer better be churning out some yummies for John with all the "extras" involved! Haha! I need to get me one of those mixers. I'm going to put it in my kitchen where I can notice how it makes my kitchen look small...

Beth Laurie said...

It's a chain reaction. You get a mixer that doesn't match, then you need a backsplash. Then your curtains don't match the backsplash so you get new curtains, then the paint color just doesn't go with the curtains you like, and the list goes on. :)

This didn't really happen to me, I'm stopping with the backsplash, but I've experienced it in other places in my house.

Anonymous said...

That was a good solution to change just that part of your kitchen. Now the greens won't fight. Since you spend so much time in your kitchen, you don't want to have any fighting going on! I want to paint my kitchen because the green I have is just not right, but I can't get up the energy to change it just yet. I wish I had your energy!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I love the glimpse of Claire in the photo! She really has hair now!

Mom