Friday, April 3, 2009

Like my new Granite Countertop?!


Just kidding....it's not really granite. I wish! I really wanted to change our ugly formica, but couldn't afford anything new, not even new formica, so I painted my bathroom countertop and then put a very shiny glaze on it. It's much shinier than the picture shows. It looks like granite until you get right up to it and even then you might not notice unless you really pay attention to it. I'm quite pleased for only costing me $20! I think I might tackle my kitchen counters next. Those are the worst because they have several stains.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great idea!

Melissa E. said...

It looks good! Have you tried bleach on your kitchen stains? I use it every once in a while on mine and it takes out EVERTHING except where I think someone dripped some kind of epoxy before we moved here. But that is just one drop.

Beth Laurie said...

Yes, I've tried bleach. It not only didn't take the spot out, but it left an even bigger spot that's now slightly bleached:(

Melissa E. said...

by the way, good thing you were wearing pants when you took this picture...