Saturday, November 8, 2008

Painted Cabinets

John and I painted our kitchen cabinets. We also bought hardware for them. We don't have all the hardware on yet. As you can see, some of the cabinets don't have handles. Next step is to put in a new floor. We have the tile, we just need the time to install it. I would also like to get new countertops eventually. Installing things yourself brings down the cost of remodeling quite a bit, but unfortunately we can't install countertops ourselves. I would love to get granite or butcher block, but I don't know if we'll be able to afford it. We may just get more formica or laminate HD. I want something a little darker and warmer to contrast with the white cabinets. Plus, ours has a few stains on it that show up easily on the white.

8 comments:

Lynn Falk said...

They look great! But, you need one more spice container on your stove so that you salt and pepper can be centered :)

Lynn Falk said...

Or you can just remove one from the right side...

Beth Laurie said...

ok, Charley Falk

Mandie said...

You should look into Corian. We just remodeled our kitchen and used it. It's solid surface like granite, but significantly cheaper. It's more expensive than laminate, but will last a lifetime. Plus, the sink is also Corian, so there's no seam to get all yucky. It's sold at Lowes & Home Depot.

Maybe I should go into Corian sales. ;-)

Mandie said...

Oh, and I meant to add that your kitchen looks really nice :-)

Anonymous said...

I like it...and, Lynn, I am not sure Bethany meant that as a compliment!

And the kitchen looks great--that is, it will--once you take care of that salt and pepper atrocity!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I really love your kitchen, you guys have done an awesome job. It looks so good.

Anonymous said...

What a huge job! I can't even imagine tackling the job of painting all of those cabinets! But it makes a huge difference. I love the white cabinets next to the deep red walls.