Thursday, October 14, 2010

S'more Bars


With the coming of cool weather I've had a hankering for a bonfire and S'mores. I haven't gotten my bonfire yet, but I did make these yummy S'more bars. They were very easy and quite good. Jude enjoyed helping me. Actually, I think he mostly enjoyed sneaking marshmallows:)

Recipe:
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
7.5oz graham crackers (broken into pieces)

Prepare 9x9 pan by lining it with foil. Spray foil with oil.
Heat cream until it starts to boil on the side. Remove heat and stir in chocolate chips til melted. In large mixing bowl have marshmallows and graham cracker pieces ready. Pour chocolate over marshmallows and crackers and mix until well coated. Pour into pan and cool for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars.

3 comments:

Melissa E. said...

Steve loves s'mores. I should try this for him.

Beth Laurie said...

I wasn't sure I would like these because I'm not a fan of marshmallows unless they're melted, but I did. I even liked them with semi-sweet chocolate, which I used because I had no milk chocolate. I think I'd like them even more with milk chocolate though.

Melissa E. said...

Hey! If it's nice enough, come for a bonfire here next weekend!