Friday, June 19, 2009

In need of some advice from you mother's.....

So Jude has a new habit. A kind of gross habit. He likes to stick his hand down his pants. This includes the diaper:( It was kind of funny at first, but now it is causing some problems. When he goes to sleep one hand is always down his pants and he likes to sleep on his stomach so you can guess what happens. Yep, he soaks his sheets and himself. One night I woke up to him crying and he was soaked, but his diaper was almost completely dry. It also causes the front of his diaper to fold in and the velcro tabs to rub up against his skin causing irritation and rash. When he's awake I can get after him about it, but when he's sleeping there's not much I can do. As soon as I lay him down, in goes the hand. I think it's a comfort thing. Some kids have blankies, mine sticks his hand down his pants. When he's awake and I catch him doing it I smack his hand and he stops, but 5 minutes later, I'll catch him doing it again. I'm not sure what to do to get him to stop. I thought about just putting onesies on him all the time so he can't, but I'm having trouble finding onesies in 12m size. Any ideas?

5 comments:

Melissa E. said...

Onsies is what you need. If not the onsies, then t-shirts will work too. Especially for bed.

boys.

Beth Laurie said...

I forgot that the t-shirt onesies come in 12m.

Lynn Falk said...

yep, onsies during the day and maybe one-piece jammies at night. (They make summer one-piece jammies)

Warren said...

I'm afraid some never beat this habit.

Just hope he learns the difference between bed and public before adulthood (long before, hopefully).

Beth Laurie said...

I know, I'll see him slouched on the couch watching Sesame Street with one hand down his pants and the thumb of the other in his mouth and I think, that's not all that different from a lot of grown men, only instead of the thumb it's a beer and instead of Sesame Street it's football. :)